The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is self-sufficient living.
· Coleman, Eliot. The New Organic Grower's Four-Season Harvest. 1992. Chelsea Green Publishing. 212 pp.
· Emery, Carla. The Encyclopedia of Country Living. 1994. 9th Edition. Sasquatch Books. 858 pp.
· Green, Janet, Ruth Hertzberg, and Beatrice Vaughan. Putting Food By. 1991. Dutton. 420 pp.
· Mollison, Bill. Permaculture: A Practical Guide for a Sustainable Future. 1990. Island Press. 579 pp.
· Nearing, Helen, and Scott Nearing. The Good Life: Helen and Scott Nearing's Sixty Years of Self-Sufficient Living. 1989. Schocken Books. 411 pp.
· Potts, Micheal. The Independent Home: Living Well with Power from the Sun, Wind, and Water. 1993. Chelsea Green Publishing. 300 pp.
· ATTRA: Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas. National Center for Appropriate Technology. Packets of info related to agriculture, appenticeships and programs. http://attra.ncat.org/
· Bio-Dynamic Farming and Gardening Association. http://www.biodynamics.com/
· Clayton, Doug, and Dave Jacke. The Gap Moutain Permaculture Mouldering Toilet. 1992. Gap Mountain Permaculture. 32 pp.
· E.F. Schumacher Society. Teaching self-reliance. http://www.schumachersociety.org/
· Gipe, Paul. Wind Power for Home and Business: Renewable Energy for the 1990s and Beyond. 1993. Chelsea Green Publishing. 414 pp.
· Logsdon, Gene. Homesteading: How to Find New Independence on the Land. Rodale Press. 256 pp.
· MacManiman, Gen. Dry It, You'll Like It! 1983. MacManiman, Inc. 80 pp.
· Mollison, Bill. Introduction to Permaculture. 1991. Tagari Publications. 198 pp.
· Robbins, John. Reclaiming Our Health. 1996. H.J. Kramer. 416 pp.
· Stone, Carol, and Editorial Staff. Stocking-Up. 1973. Rodale Press. 351 pp.
· Watkins, David. 1993. Urban Permaculture: A Practical Handbook for Sustainable Living. Permanent Publications. 152 pp.
· Yeomans, P.A. 1981. Water for Every Farm: Using the Keyline Plan. Second Back Row Press. 247 pp.
· Yestermorrow Design/Build School. http://www.yestermorrow.org/
"The Infography about Self-Sufficient Living"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA