The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Korean War.
· Blair, Clay. The Forgotten War: America in Korea, 1950-1953. Naval Institute Press, 2003.
· Stueck, William Whitney. The Road to Confrontation: American Policy toward China and Korea, 1947-1950. University of North Carolina Press, 1981.
· Weathersby, Kathryn. "To Attack or Not to Attack? Stalin, Kim Il Sung, and the Prelude to War." Cold War International History Project, Electronic Bulletin, 5 (Spring 1995).
· Zhang, Shu Guang. Mao's Military Romanticism: China and the Korean War, 1950-53. University Press of Kansas, 1995.
· Goncharov, Sergei N., John W. Lewis, and Xue Litai. Uncertain Partners: Stalin, Mao, and the Korean War. Stanford University Press, 1993.
· Berger, Carl. The Korea Knot: A Military-Political History. Greenwood Press, 1986.
· Whiting, Allen. China Crosses the Yalu: The Decision to Enter the Korean War. Macmillan, 1960.
· Alexander, Bevin. Korea: The First War We Lost. Hippocrene, 1997.
· Stueck, William. The Korean War: An International History. Princeton University Press, 1997.
· Foot, Rosemary. A Substitute for Victory: The Politics of Peacemaking at the Korean War Armistice Talks. Cornell Studies in Security Affairs, Cornell University Press, 1990.
· Foot, Rosemary. The Wrong War: American Policy and the Dimensions of the Korean Conflict 1950-1953. Cornell University Press, 1985.
-- ORIGINS --
· Cumings, Bruce. The Origins of the Korean War: The Roaring of the Cataract, 1947-1950. Princeton University Press, 1992.
· Matray, James. The Reluctant Crusade: American Foreign Policy in Korea, 1941-1950. University of Hawaii Press, 1985.
· Paige, Glen D. The Korean Decision, June 24-30, 1950. MacMillan, 1968.
· Chen, Jian. China's Road to the Korean War: The Making of the Sino-American Confrontation. Columbia University Press, 1996.
· Pelz, Stephen. "U.S. Decisions on Korean Policy, 1943-1950: Some Hypotheses." In Bruce Cumings, ed., Child of Conflict: The Korean-American Relationship, 1943-1953, University of Washington Press, 1983.
-- MILITARY NARRATIVE --
· Cagle, Malcolm, Frank Manson, Malcolm W. Cagle, and Arleigh A. Burke. The Sea War in Korea, Naval Institute Press, 2000.
· Futrell, Robert F. The United States Air Force in Korea, 1950-1953. Office of Air Force History, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1983.
· Schnabel, James F. Policy and Direction: The First Year. U.S. Army in the Korean War, v. 3. Center of Military History, U.S. Army, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1992.
· Greer, Andrew. The New Breed: The Story of the U.S. Marines in Korea. Battery Press, 1989.
· Hallion, Richard P. The Naval Air War in Korea. The Nautical and Aviation Publishing Company of America, 1988.
· Collins, J. Lawton. War in Peacetime: The History and Lessons of Korea. Houghton Mifflin, 1969.
-- INTERNATIONAL INVOLVEMENT --
· Simmons, Robert R. The Strained Alliance Peking, Poyiongyang, Moscow, and the Politics of the Korean Civil War. Free Press, 1975.
· Hillen, John. Blue Helmets: The Strategy of U.N. Military Operations. Brasseys, 2000.
· Cunningham-Boothe, Ashley, and Peter Farrar. British Forces in the Korean War. The British Korean Veterans Association, 1989.
· Paige, Glen D. The Korean People's Democratic Republic. Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace, Stanford University, 1966.
· Mayers, David A. Cracking the Monolith: U.S. Policy against the Sino-Soviet Alliance, 1949-1955. Louisiana State University Press, 1986.
· Nakajima, Mineo. "The Sino-Soviet Confrontation: Its Roots in the International Background of the Korean War." Australian Journal of Chinese Affairs (now titled The China Journal), 1 (January 1, 1979), 19-47.
-- GENERAL RESOURCES --
· Korean War: Fire and Ice. DVD edition of network broadcast, also available in VHS format. The History Channel, 2001. http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=71092&browseCategoryId=&location=&parentcatid=&subcatid=
· Brown, Lynnita. Korean War Educator. http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/home.htm
· Cold War International History Project. Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. http://wilsoncenter.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=topics.home&topic_id=1409
· Edwards, Paul M. The Korean War: A Historical Dictionary. Scarecrow Press, 2003.
· Brune, Lester H. The Korean War: Handbook of the Literature and Research. Greenwood Press, 1996.
· Edwards, Paul M. The Korean War: A Documentary History. Krieger Publishing, 1999.
"The Infography about the Korean War"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA