The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is glaciers.
· Meier, M.F. 1984. Contribution of small glaciers to global sea level. Science, 226, 1418-1421.
· Alley, R.B., and Whillians, I.M. 1991. Changes in the West Antarctic Ice Sheet. Science, 254, 959-963.
· Patterson, W.S.B. 1994. The Physics of Glaciers. 3rd Ed. Pergammon Press. The basic reference on glaciers.
· Journal of Geophysical Research, 102(C12), November 30, 1997. Summarizes the results of the Greenland Ice Coring Project.
· Thomas, R., Akins, T., Csatho, B., Fahnestock, M., Gogineni, P., Kim, C., Sonntag, J. 2000. Mass balance of the Greenland Ice Sheet at high elevations. Science, 289, 426-428.
· Kamb, R., Raymond, C., Harrison, W., Engelhardt, H., Echelmeyer, K., Huymphrey, N., Brugman, M., and Pfeffer, T. 1985. Glacier surge mechanism: 1982-1983 surge of Variegated Glacier, Alaksa. Science, 227, 469-479..
· Scambos, T.A., Hulbe, C., Fahnestock, M., and Bohlander, J. 2000. THe link between climate-warming and break-up of ice shelves in the Antarctic Penninsula. Journal of Glaciology, 46, 516-530.
· Joughin, I.R., Winebrenner, D.P., Fahnestock, M.A. 1995. Observations of ice-sheet motion in Greenland using radar interferometry satellite. Geophysical Research Letters, 22, 571-574.
· Fountain, A.G., and Walder, J.S. 1998. Water flow through temperate glaciers. Reviews of Geophysics, 36, 299-328.
"The Infography about Glaciers"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA