English Language -- International -- General Studies
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Bailey, R.W., and M. Görlach, eds. English as a World Language. University of Michigan Press, 1982.
· Garcia, O., and R. Otheguy, eds. English across Cultures, Cultures across English. Mouton de Gruyter, 1989.
· Görlach, Manfred, ed. Englishes: Studies in Varieties of English, 1984-1988. John Benjamins, 1991.
· International Dialects of English Archive. http://web.ku.edu/idea/
· Platt, J., H. Weber, and M.L. Ho. The New Englishes. Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1984.
· Quirk, R., and H.G. Widdowson, eds. English in the World. Cambridge University Press, 1985.
"The Infography about International Variations of the English Language"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA