The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is mantle rheology.
· Derby, B. and Ashby, M.F., On dynamic recrystallization, Scripta Metall., 21, 879-884, 1987.
· Weertman, J. and Weertman, J.R., High temperature creep of rock and mantle viscosity, Ann Rev. Earth Planet Sci., 3, 293-315, 1975.
· Daessler, R., Yuen, D.A., Karato, S. and Riedel, M. Two dimensional thermo-kinetic model for the olivine-spinel phase transition in subducting slabs, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 94, 217-239, 1996.
· Hirth, G. and Kohlstedt, D.L., Experimental constraints on the dynamics of the partially molten upper mantle: deformation in the diffusion creep regime, J. Geophys. Res., 100, 1981-2001, 1995.
· Riedel, M.R., and Karato, S., Microstructural development during nucleation and growth, Geophys. J. Int., 125, 397-414, 1996a.
· Jin, D., Karato, S. and Obata, M., Mechanisms of shear localization in the continental lithosphere: inference from the deformation microstructures of peridotites from the Ivrea zone, northwestern Italy, J. Struct. Geology, 20, 195-209, 1998.
"The Infography about Mantle Rheology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA