Health Care -- Cultural Competence
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is transcultural health care.
· Purnell, L., and Paulanka, B. (1998). Transcultural health care: A culturally competent approach. F. A. Davis, Co.
· Lipson, J., Dibble, S., and Minarek. P. (1996). Culture and nursing care: A pocket guide. UCSF Nursing Press.
· Andrews, M., and Boyle, J. (1999). Transcultural concepts in Nursing Care, 3rd., ed. Lippincott.
· Kittler, P., and Sucher, K. (1998). Food and culture in America. West/Wentworth.
· Culturally Competent Health Care. Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, Public Health and Safety Division. http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/PHSD/Primary-Care/primary-care-search-culture.shtml
· EthnoMed. University of Washington. http://ethnomed.org/
"The Infography about Cultural Competence in Health Care"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA