Relationships -- Interpersonal -- Maintenance
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is sustaining romantic relationships.
· Simpson, J.A. (1987). The dissolution of romantic relationships: Factors involved in relationship stability and emotional distress. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 53, 683-692.
· Aronson, E., and Linder, D. (1965). Gain and loss of esteem as determinants of interpersonal attraction. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 1, 156-171.
· Rusbult, C. E. (1983). A longitudinal test of the investment model: The development (and deterioration) of satisfaction and commitment in heterosexual involvements. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 45, 101-117.
· Hazan, C., and Shaver, P. (1987). Romantic love conceptualized as an attachment process. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 52, 511-524.
· Salovey, P., and Rodin, J. (1991). Provoking jealousy and envy: Domain relevance and self-esteem threat. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 10, 395-413.
· Sternberg, R. J. (1986). A triangular theory of love. Psychological Review, 93, 119-135.
· Bazzini, D. G., and Shaffer, D. R. (1999). Resisting temptation revisited: Devaluation versus enhancement of an attractive suitor by exclusive and nonexclusive daters. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 25, 162-176.
· Johnson, D. J., and Rusbult, C. E. (1989). Resisting temptation: Devaluation of alternative partners as a means of maintaining commitment in close relationships. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 57, 967-980.
"The Infography about Maintenance of Interpersonal Relationships"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA