Brain Growth in Children
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is brain growth in children.
· Thompson PM, Giedd JN, Woods RP, MacDonald D, Evans AC, and Toga AW (2000). Growth patterns in the developing brain detected by using continuum mechanical tensor maps. Nature. 2000 Mar 9;404(6774):190-3.
· Paus T, Zijdenbos A, Worsley K, Collins DL, Blumenthal J, Giedd JN, Rapoport JL, and Evans AC (1999). Structural maturation of neural pathways in children and adolescents: in vivo study. Science. 1999 Mar 19;283(5409):1908-11.
· Giedd JN, Blumenthal J, Jeffries NO, Castellanos FX, Liu H, Zijdenbos A, Paus T, Evans AC, and Rapoport JL (1999). Brain development during childhood and adolescence: a longitudinal MRI study. Nat Neurosci. 1999 Oct;2(10):861-3.
· Sowell ER, Thompson PM, Holmes CJ, Jernigan TL, and Toga AW (1999). In vivo evidence for post-adolescent brain maturation in frontal and striatal regions. Nat Neurosci. 1999 Oct;2(10):859-61.
· Casey BJ, Giedd JN, and Thomas KM (2000). Structural and functional brain development and its relation to cognitive development. Biol. Psychol. 2000 Oct;54(1-3):241-57.
· Lange N, Giedd JN, Castellanos FX, Vaituzis AC, and Rapoport JL (2000). Variability of human brain structure size: ages 4-20 years. Psychiatry Res. 1997 Mar 14;74(1):1-12.
"The Infography about Brain Growth in Children"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA