The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is aquatic microcosms.
· Landis, W.G., A.J. Markiewicz, R.A. Matthews and G.B. Matthews 2000. Confirmation of the community conditioning hypothesis; persistence of effects in model ecological structures dosed with the jet fuel JP-8. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 19:327-336.
· Taub, F.B. 1997. Unique information contributed by multispecies systems: examples from the Standardized Aquatic Microcosm. Ecological Applications 7(4):1103-1110.
· Naeem, Shahid and L. Shibin. 1998. Consumer species richness and autrotrophic biomass. Ecology 79(8)2603-2615.
· Beyers, Robert J. and H.T. Odum. 1993. Ecological Microcosms. Springer-Verlag, 557 pages.
· Drake, J.A. 1991. Community assembly mechanics and the structure of an experimental species ensemble. American Naturalist 137:1-26.
· Giesy, John P. 1980. Microcosms in Ecological Research. Conf-781101. DOE symposium series 52. Technical Information Center, U.S. Department of Energy.
"The Infography about Aquatic Microcosms"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA