Home-School Literacy Partnership
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the symbiosis between school and home in learning.
· White, N.L. (1999). Home-school literacy partnerships: A conversation with Trevor Cairney. Academic Exchange Quarterly. 3(2), 62-72.
· Cairney, T.H., and N.L. White (1999). "Winners and losers" in the development of home-school literacy partnerships: An analysis of discourses of power. English in Education. 33(3), 82-102.
· Epstein, J. (1996). Perspectives and previews on research and policy for school, family, and community partnerships. In A. Booth and J. Dunn (Eds.), Family-school links: How do they affect educational outcomes? Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
· Moll, L., Amanti, C., Neff, D., and Gonzalez, N. (1992). Funds of knowledge for teaching: Using a qualitative approach to connect homes and classrooms. Theory into Practice, 31(2), 132-141.
· Delgado-Gaitan, C. (1992). Involving parents in schools: A process of empowerment. American Journal of Education, 100, 20-45.
· Taylor, D. (1997). Many families, many literacies: An international declaration of principles. Heinemann.
· Au, K., and Mason, J. (1983). Cultural congruence in classroom participation structures: Achieving a balance of rights. Discourse Processes, 6, 145-167.
· Auerbach, E. (1995). Deconstructing the discourse of strengths in family literacy. Journal of Reading Behavior, 27(4), 643-661.
· Auerbach, E.R. (1989). Toward a social-contextual approach to family literacy. Harvard Educational Review, 59(2), 165-181.
· Taylor, D. (1983). Family literacy: Young children learning to read and write. Heinemann Educational Books.
· Delgado-Gaitan, C. (1991). Involving parents in schools: A process of empowerment. American Journal of Education, 100(1), 20-46.
· Delgado-Gaitan, C., and Trueba, H. (1991). Crossing cultural borders: Education for immigrant families in America. Falmer Press.
· Edwards, P.A. (1995). Empowering low-income mothers and fathers to share books with young children. The Reading Teacher, 48, 558-565.
· Epstein, J. (1983). Effects on parents of teacher practices of parent involvement. The John Hopkins University, Center for Social Organization of Schools, Report No. 346, 277-294.
· Epstein, J. (1987). Toward a theory of family-school connections: Teacher practices and parent involvement. In K. Hurrelmann, F. Kaufmann, and F. Losel, (Eds.), Social intervention: Potential and constraints . Walter de Gruyter.
· Bloome, D., and Green, J. (1991). Educational contexts of literacy. Annual Review of Applied Linguistics, 12(1), 49-70.
"The Infography about the Home-School Literacy Partnership"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA