Property -- American Legal History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is property law in America.
· Gregory S. Alexander, Commodity and Propriety: Competing Visions of Law in American Legal Thought, 1776-1970 (University of Chicago Press, 1997).
· Hendrik Hartog, Public Property and Private Power: The Corporation of the City of New York in American Law, 1730-1870 (University of North Carolina Press, 1983).
· James W. Ely, The Guardian of Every Other Right: A Constitutional History of Property Rights (Oxford University Press, 1992).
· John R. Nelson, Jr., Liberty and Property: Political Economy and Policymaking in the New Nation, 1789-1812 (Johns Hopkins University Press, 1987).
· James Willard Hurst, Law and the Conditions of Freedom in the Nineteenth Century (University of Wisconsin Press, 1956).
· Morton J. Horwitz, The Transformation of American Law, 1780-1860 (Harvard University Press, 1977).
"The Infography about the American Legal History of Property"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA