Mesopotamia -- Urak Period
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Mesopotamia.
· Rothman, Mitchell, ed. 2001. Uruk Mesopotamia and Its Neighbors: Cross-Cultural Interactions and Their Consequences in the Era of State Formation. SAR Press.
· Algaze, Guillermo. 1993. The Uruk World System. University of Chicago Press.
· Stein, Gil. 1999. Rethinking World Systems: Diasporas, Colonies, and Interaction in Uruk Mesopotamia. University of Arizona Press.
· Postgate, J. Nicholas, and Stuart Campbell, eds. 2001. Artefacts of Complexity: Tracking the Uruk in the Near East. British School of Archaeology.
· Stein, Gil, ed. 1999. The Uruk Expansion: Northern Perspectives from Hacinebi, Hassek Hoyuk, and Gawra. Paleorient 25 (1).
· Lupton, Alan. 1996. Stability and Change: Socio-Political Development in North Mesopotamia and South-East Anatolia. British Archaeology Review International Series 627.
"The Infography about the Urak Period of Mesopotamia"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA