Middle East -- History -- Modern
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of the Middle East.
· Marshall G.S. Hodgson, The Venture of Islam (University of Chicago Press), 1961.
· Albedrt Hourani, A History of the Arab Peoples (Harvard University Press), 1991.
· Nikki R. Keddie, Roots of Revolution: An Interpretive History of Modern Iran (Yale University Press), 1981.
· Rashid Khalidi, Palestinian Identity: The Construction of Modern National Consciousness (Columbia University Press), 1997.
· Bernard Lewis, Islam in History: Ideas, People, and Events in the Middle East (Open Court), 1993.
· Edward Said, Orientalism (Random House), 1979.
· Fouad Ajami, The Arab Predicament (Cambridge University Press), 1982.
· William Cleveland, A History of the Modern Middle East (Westview Press), 1999.
· Ahmed H. Ibrahim, "On the Road to Peace: Egypt, the War of Attrition and the Rogers Peace Initiative, 1969-1970," International Third World Studies Journal and Review, 10 (Fall 1999): 1-12.
· Ahmed H. Ibrahim, "The Shaping of a New Policy: Egypt and the Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1967-1970," International Third World Studies Journal and Review, 5 (Fall 1993): 24-35.
· Edward Said, The Politics of Dispossesssion: The Struggle For Palestinian Self-Determination, 1969-1994 (Random House), 1994.
· Charles D. Smith, Palestine and the Arab-Israeli Conflict (St. Martin's Press), 1992.
"The Infography about the Modern History of the Middle East"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA