Intelligence Service -- United States
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the United States intelligence service.
· Berkowitz, Bruce D., and Allan E. Goodman. Strategic Intelligence for American National Security. Princeton University Press, 1989. [pb] 3d ed., 1991.
· Federation of American Scientists http://www.fas.org/irp/
· The Literature of Intelligence: A Bibliography of Materials, with Essays, Reviews, and Comments http://intellit.muskingum.edu
· Lowenthal, Mark M., with a Foreword by David Kahn. U.S. Intelligence: Evolution and Anatomy. 2d ed. Published with the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, D.C., "The Washington Papers Series/157." Praeger, 1992.
· Loyola Home Page on Strategic Intelligence http://www.loyola.edu/dept/politics/intel.html
· Shulsky, Abram N. Silent Warfare: Understanding the World of Intelligence. New York: Brassey's, 1991. 2d ed. Revised by Gary Schmitt. Brassey's, 1993.
· Codevilla, Angelo. Informing Statecraft: Intelligence for a New Century. The Free Press, 1992.
· Dulles, Allen. The Craft of Intelligence. New York: Harper and Row, 1963. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1963. Westview, 1985. [pb] New York: Signet Books, 1965.
· Johnson, Loch K. Secret Agencies: U.S. Intelligence in a Hostile World. Yale University Press, 1996.
· Kent, Sherman. Strategic Intelligence for American World Policy. Princeton University Press, 1949. Archon, 1965. [pb] Princeton University Press, 1966.
· Macartney, John. "Intelligence: A Consumer's Guide." International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence 2, No. 4 (Winter 1988): 457-486.
· Macartney, John. Intelligence: What It Is and How To Use It. AFIO, 1991.
· Polmar, Norman, and Thomas B. Allen. Spy Book: The Encyclopedia of Espionage. Random House, 1997. London: Greenhill Books, 1997. Rev. ed. 1998.
· Richelson, Jeffrey T. The U.S. Intelligence Community. Ballinger, 1985. [pb] 2d ed. New York: HarperCollins, 1989. 3d ed. Westview, 1995.
· Sayle, Edward F. "Historical Underpinnings of the U.S. Intelligence Community." International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence 1, No. 1 (Spring 1986): 1-27.
"The Infography about Intelligence Services of the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA