Psychology of Reading
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the psychology of reading.
· Adams, M.J. (1994). Beginning to Read: Thinking and Learning about Print. MIT Press.
· Beck, I.L., McKeown, M.G., Hamilton, R.L., and Kucan, L. (1997). Questioning the Author: An Approach to Enhancing Student Engagement with Text. International Reading Association.
· Blachman, B.A. (1997). Foundations of Reading Acquisition and Dyslexia: Implications for Early Intervention. Lawrence Erlbaum.
· Rayner, K., and Pollatsek, A. (1989). Psychology of Reading. Prentice Hall.
· Pressley, M. (1998). Reading Instruction That Works: The Case for Balanced Teaching. The Guilford.
· Snow, C.E., Burns, M.S., and Griffin, P. (1998). Preventing Reading Difficulties in Young Children. National Academy Press.
"The Infography about the Psychology of Reading"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA