Peace -- Study and Teaching
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is peace education.
· Barash, David P. Introduction to Peace Studies. Wadsworth, 1991.
· Boulding, Elise. Building a Global Civic Culture: Education for an Interdependent World. Teachers College Press, 1989.
· Harris, Ian M., and Morrison, Mary Lee. Peace Education. McFarland. 2nd ed. 2003.
· Lopez, George A., ed. "Peace Studies: Past and Future." Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 504 (July 1989): 9-127.
· Reardon, Betty A. Comprehensive Peace Education: Education for Global Responsibility. Teachers College Press, 1988.
· Wien, Barbara J., ed. Peace and World Order Studies: A Curriculum Guide. World Policy Institute, 1984.
· Academic Info: Peace Studies. http://www.academicinfo.net/peace.html
· Barash, David P., ed. Approaches to Peace: A Reader in Peace Studies. Oxford University Press, 1999.
· Cancian, Francesca M., and Gibson, James Wilson, eds. Making War/Making Peace: The Social Foundations of Violent Conflict. Wadsworth, 1990.
· Carey, Dennis. "A Discipline Development Model for Peace Studies." Peace and Change 6 (Winter 1980): 90-98.
· The Center for War/Peace Studies. http://www.cwps.org/
· Eckhardt, William. "Integrating Peace Research, Peace Education, and Peace Action." Peace Research 20 (January 1988): 65-78.
· Fink, Clinton F. "Peace Education and the Peace Movement since 1815." Peace and Change 6 (Winter 1980): 66-73.
· Finn, Mary E., ed. "Peace Education for the Nuclear Age." Peace and Change 10 (Summer 1984): full issue.
· The Five College Program in Peace and World Security Studies (PAWSS). http://pawss.hampshire.edu/
· The Fourth Freedom Forum. http://www.fourthfreedom.org/
· Harris, Ian M. "Principles of Peace Education." Peace and Change 15 (July 1990): 254-71.
· The Institute for Peace Studies at Rocky Mountain College. http://ips.rocky.edu/
· The Joan B. Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies. http://www.nd.edu/~krocinst/
· Keen, Mike Forrest, ed. "The Pedagogy of Peace." Peace and Change 15 (July 1990): full issue.
· Kemp, Anita. "A Paradigm for Peace Studies Programs." Peace and Change 9 (Spring 1983): 73-80.
· Moylan, Prudence A. "Teaching Peace: The Challenge of Gendered Assumptions." Peace and Change 28 (October 2003): 570-74.
· Peace and Conflict Studies Internet Guide of the University of Sydney Library. http://www.library.usyd.edu.au/subjects/peaceandconflict/peace.html
· The Peace and Justice Studies Association. http://www.peacejusticestudies.org/
· Peace Studies Department of the College of Saint Benedict. http://www.csbsju.edu/peacestudies/
· Peace Studies Section of the International Studies Association. http://www2.mcdaniel.edu/peacestudies/
· Reardon, Betty A., ed. Education for Global Responsibility. Teachers College Press, 1988.
· Sloan, Douglas, ed. "Education for Peace and Disarmament: Toward a Living World." Teachers College Record 84 (Fall 1982): full issue.
· Swarthmore College Peace Collection. http://www.swarthmore.edu/Library/peace/
· The United States Institute of Peace. http://www.usip.org/
· Wallenstein, Peter, ed. Peace Research: Achievements and Challenges. Westview Press, 1988.
· Washburn, A. Michael. "Peace Education at the Crossroads." Peace Movements in America, edited by Charles Chatfield. Schocken Books, 1973.
· The World Policy Institute. http://www.worldpolicy.org/
· Zeiger, Susan. "Teaching Peace: Lessons from a Peace Studies Curriculum in the Progressive Era." Peace and Change 25 (January 2000): 52-69.
"The Infography about Peace Education"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA