The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is mosquito behavior.
· Bidlingmayer, W.L., 1985. The measurement of adult mosquito population changes--some considerations. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 1, 328-348.
· Colluzzi, M., Sabatini, A., Petrarca, V., Di Deco, M.A., 1979. Chromosomal differentiation and adaptation to human environments in the Anopheles gambiae complex. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 73, 483-497.
· Edman, J.D., Kale, H.W., 1971. Host behavior: Its influence on the feeding success of mosquitoes. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 64, 513-516.
· Klowden, M.J., 1995. Blood, sex and the mosquito: The mechanisms that control mosquito blood-feeding behavior. BioScience 45,326-331.
· Nijhout, H.F., Sheffield, H.G., 1979. Antennal hair erection in male mosquitoes: A new mechanical effector in insects. Science 206, 595-596.
· Roth, L.M., 1948. A study of mosquito behavior. An experimental laboratory study of the sexual behavior of Aedes aegypti (Linnaeus). American Midland Naturalist 40, 265-352.
"The Infography about Mosquito Behavior"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA