The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is physician-patient communication.
· Gerteis M, Edgman-Levitan S, Daley J, Delbanco TL (eds). Through the Patient's Eyes: Understanding and Promoting Patient-Centered Care. Jossey-Bass 1993.
· Lipkin M, Putnam SM, Lazare A (eds). The Medical Interview: Clinical Care, Education, and Research. Springer 1995.
· Miller WR, Rollnick S. Motivational Interviewing: Preparing People to Change Addictive Behavior. Guilford Press 1991.
· Roter DL, Hall JA. Doctors Talking to Patients / Patients Talking to Doctors: Improving Communication in Medical Visits. Auburn House 1992.
· Stewart M, Brown JB, Weston WW, McWhinney IR, McWilliam CL, and Freeman TR. Patient Centered Medicine: Transforming the Clinical Method. Sage 1995.
· The Institute for Health Care Communication. http://www.healthcarecomm.org/
· Platt F, Gordon G. Field Guide to the Difficult Patient Interview. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins 1999.
· Remen RN. Kitchen Table Wisdom: Stories That Heal. Riverbend Books: New York. 1996.
· The American Academy on Communication in Healthcare. http://www.aachonline.org/
"The Infography about Physician-Patient Communication"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA