Libraries -- Community Outreach
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is community outreach programs of libraries.
· Joan C. Durrance and Karen E. Pettigrew, Online Community Information: Creating a Nexus at Your Library (American Library Association, 2003).
· Robert S. Freeman and David M. Hovde, Libraries to the People: Histories of Outreach (McFarland, 2003).
· Norman L. Maas and Dick Manikowski, Guidelines for Establishing Community Information and Referral Services in Public Libraries: With a Selective Guide to the Literature of Community Information and Referral (American Library Association, 1997).
· Kathleen de la Peña McCook, A Place at the Table: Participating in Community Building (American Library Association, 2000).
· Rhea Joyce Rubin, Planning for Library Services to People with Disabilities (Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies, 2001).
· Karen M. Venturella, Poor People and Library Services (McFarland, 1998).
· American Library Association, Office for Literacy and Outreach Services. http://www.ala.org/ala/olos/literacyoutreach.htm
· GraceAnne A. DeCandido, ed., Literacy and Libraries: Learning from Case Studies (American Library Association, Office for Literacy and Outreach Services, 2001). http://www.alastore.ala.org/SiteSolution.taf?_sn=catalog2&_pn=product_detail&_op=953
· Trudi Jaconson and Helene C. Williams, Teaching the New Library to Today's Users: Reaching International, Minority, Senior Citizens, Gay/Lesbian, First Generation, At-Risk, Graduate and Returning Students, and Distance Learners (Neal-Schuman Publishers, 2000).
· Kate Lippincott, Kathleen de la Peña McCook, and Sara M. Taffae, 25 Years of Outreach: A Bibliographic Timeline of the American Library Association (American Library Association, Office for Literacy and Outreach Services, 1966; ERIC, ED 396755, 1996). http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/Home.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=RecordDetails&_urlType=action&objectId=0900000b80145aef
· Kathleen Weibel, The Evolution of Library Outreach, 1960-1975, and Its Effects on Reader Services: Some Considerations (University of Illinois, Occasional Paper, Number 16, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, 1982; ERIC, ED 231376). http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/Home.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=RecordDetails&_urlType=action&objectId=0900000b80117312
"The Infography about Community Outreach by Libraries"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA