Medicine -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of medicine.
· Companion Encyclopedia of the History of Medicine, edited by W.F. Bynum and Roy Porter. Routledge, 1993.
· The Greatest Benefit to Mankind: A Medical History of Humanity. Roy Porter. W.W. Norton, 1998.
· Mending Bodies, Saving Souls: A History of Hospitals. Guenter B. Risse. Oxford University Press, 1999.
· The Care of Strangers: The Rise of America's Hospital System. Charles E. Rosenberg. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1995.
· Medicine in the Twentieth Century. Edited by Roger Cooter and John Pickstone. Harwood Academic Publishers, 2000.
· In Sickness and in Wealth: American Hospitals in the Twentieth Century. Rosemary Stevens. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1999.
· Medicine in Society: Historical Essays. Edited by Andrew Wear. Cambridge University Press, 1992.
· The Double Face of Janus and other Essays in the History of Medicine. Owsei Temkin. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1977.
· Drawing Blood: Technology and Disease Identity in Twentieth-Century America. Keith Wailoo. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1997.
· Tuskegee's Truths: Rethinking the Tuskegee Syphilis Study. Edited by Susan M. Reverby, foreword by James H. Jones. University of North Carolina Press, 2000.
· Last Resort: Psychosurgery and the Limits of Medicine. Jack D. Pressman. Cambridge University Press, 1998.
· Technology in the Hospital: Transforming Patient Care in the Early Twentieth Century. Joel D. Howell. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1995.
"The Infography about the History of Medicine"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA