Native American Political Issues
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the political struggles of Native Americans.
· Native American Political Issues ed. by Duane Champagne (AltaMira Press, 1999).
· Custer Died for Your Sins: An Indian Manifesto by Vine Deloria, Jr. (University of Oklahoma Press, 1988).
· From a Native Son: Selected Essays on Indigenism, 1985-1995, by Ward Churchill (South End Press, 1996).
· The State of Native America: Genocide, Colonization and Resistance ed. by M. Annette Jaimes (South End Press, 1992).
· The American Indian in Western Legal Thought: The Discourse of Conquest by Robert A. Williams, Jr. (Oxford University Press, 1990).
· First Nations. http://www.dickshovel.com/
· Peace, Power, Righteousness: An Indigenous Manifesto by Taiaiake Alfred (Oxford University Press, 1999).
· Exiled in the Land of the Free: Democracy, Indian Nations and the U.S. Constitution ed. by Oren Lyons, et al. (Clear Light Publishers, 1992).
· American Holocaust: The Conquest of the New World by David E. Stannard (Oxford University Press, 1992).
· From a Native Daughter: Colonialism and Sovereignty in Hawai`i by Haunani K. Trask (Common Courage Press, 1993).
· Walleye Warrriors by Rick Whaley and Walter Bresette (New Society Publishers, 1993).
· Linking Arms Together: American Indian Treaty Visions of Law and Peace, 1600-1800, by Robert A. Williams, Jr. (Oxford University Press, 1997).
· "Changing Women: The Cross-Currents of American Indian Feminine Identity" by Rebecca Tsosie, American Indian Culture and Research Journal, Vol. 12 No. 1 (1988): 1-37.
· Aboriginal Links International. http://www.bloorstreet.com/300block/aborintl.htm
"The Infography about Native American Political Issues"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA