Sports Rating Systems
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is sports rating systems.
· Bradley, R.A., and M.E. Terry. "Rank analysis of incomplete block designs. I. The method of paired comparisons," Biometrika, 39:324-45, 1952.
· Elo, Arpad E. The Rating of Chess Players Past and Present, 2nd Ed., Arco Pub., 1986.
· Glickman, M.E., and H. Stern. "A State-Space Model for National Football League Scores," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 93:25-35, 1998.
· Keener, James P. "The Perron-Frobenius Theorem and the Rating of Football Teams," SIAM Review, 35:80-93, March 1993.
· Stern, Hal. "Who's Number 1 in College Football?...And How Might We Decide?" Chance, 7-14, Summer 1995.
· Wilson, David L. American College Football -- Rankings. http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/rate/index.html
· American Statistical Association. Statistics in Sports. http://www.amstat.org/sections/sis/
· Annis, David. SportsQuant. http://www.sportsquant.com/
· Harville, David. "Predictions for NFL Games via Linear-Model Methodology," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 516-524, . September 1980.
· Journal of Basketball Studies. http://www.rawbw.com/~deano/index.html
· Leake, R.J. "A Method for Ranking Teams: With an Application to College Football." In: Management Science in Sports, ed. R.E. Machol, et al. North-Holland Publishing Co., 27-46, 1976.
· Massey, Kenneth. College Football Ranking Comparison. http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm
· Massey, Kenneth. Massey Ratings Description. http://www.mratings.com/theory/massey.htm
· Sagarin, Jeff. Jeff's Sports Ratings. http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/sports.html
· Steele, Doug. Doug's NBA and MLB Statistics. http://www.dougstats.com/
· Woolner, Keith. Stathead.com. http://www.stathead.com/
"The Infography about Sports Rating Systems"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA