Criticism -- Textual
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is editing.
· Fredson Bowers, Bibliography and Textual Criticism (Oxford University Press, 1964)
· David Greetham, Scholarly Editing: A Guide to Research (MLA, 1995)
· David Greetham, Theories of the Text (Oxford University Press, 1999)
· Jerome McGann, The Textual Condition (Princeton University Press, 1991)
· Jerome McGann., A Critique of Modern Textual Criticism (University of Chicago Press and University Press of Virginia, 1983, 1992, 1999)
· G. Thomas Tanselle, Textual Criticism since Greg: A Chronicle, 1950-1985 (University Press of Virginia, 1987)
· M.L. West, Textual Criticism and Editorial Technique Applicable to Greek and Latin Texts (B.G. Teubner, 1973)
· James Thorpe, Principles of Textual Criticism (San Marino, 1972)
· G. Thomas Tanselle, Selected Studies in Bibliography (University Press of Virginia, 1972)
"The Infography about Textual Criticism"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA