Eastern Orthodox Christian Iconography
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Eastern Orthodox Christian religion.
· Konrad Onasch and Annemarie Schnieper. Icons: The Fascination and the Reality. Riverside Book, 1997.
· Kurt Weitzmann, et al. The Icon. Alfred A Knopf, 1982.
· Léonide Ouspensky and Vladimir Lossky. The Meaning of Icons. St. Vladimir's Seminary Press, 1982. A classic treatise on the symbolism and meaning of Eastern Orthodox Icons from the Russian Orthodox perspective.
· Jaroslav Pelikan. Imago Dei: The Byzantine Apologia for Icons. Princeton University Press, 1990.
· Egon Sendler. The Icon: Image of the Invisible. Oakwood Publications, 1988.
· H.P. Gerhard. The World of Icons. Harper and Row, 1971.
"The Infography about Eastern Orthodox Christian Iconography"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA