Hydrogeology of Carbonate Islands
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the hydrogeology of islands.
· Falkland, A. (editor), 1991, Hydrology and Water Resources of Small Islands: A Practical Guide: Unesco, 317 pp.
· Rougerie, F., and Wauthy, B., 1993, The endo-upwelling concept: from geothermal convection to reef construction: Coral Reefs, v. 12, p. 19-30.
· Sanford, W.E., Whitaker, F.F., and Smart, P.L., 1998, Numerical analysis of seawater circulation in carbonate platforms: I. Geothermal convection: American Journal of Science, v. 298, p. 801-828.
· Underwood, M.R., Peterson, F.L., and Voss, C.I., 1992, Groundwater lens dynamics of atoll islands: Water Resources Research, v. 28, p. 2889-2902.
· Vacher, H.L., and Quinn, T.M. (editors), 1997, Geology and Hydrogeology of Carbonate Islands: Elsevier, 948 pp.
· Wheatcraft, S.W., and Buddemeier, R.W., 1981, Atoll island hydrology: Ground Water, v. 19, p. 311-320.
· Ayers, J.F., and Vacher, H.L., 1986, Hydrogeology of an atoll island: a conceptual model from detailed study of a Micronesian example: Ground Water, v.24, p. 185-198.
· Contractor, D.N., and Srivastava, R., 1990, Simulation of saltwater intrusion in the Northern Guam Lens using a microcomputer: Journal Hydrology, v. 118, p. 87-106.
· Ghassemi, F., Jakeman, A.J., Jacobson, G., and Howard, K.W.F., 1996, Simulation of seawater intrusion with 2D and 3D models: Nauru Island case study: Hydrogeology Journal, v. 4(3), p. 4-22.
· Oberdorfer, J.A., Hogan, P.J., and Buddemeir, R.W., 1990, atoll island hydrogeology: flow and fresh water occurrence in a tidally dominated system: Journal Hydrology, v. 120, p. 327-340.
· Whitaker, F.F., and Smart, P.L., 2000, Characterising scale-dependence of hydraulic conductivity in carbonates: evidence from the Bahamas: Journal of Geochemical Exploration, v. 69, p. 133-137.
"The Infography about the Hydrogeology of Carbonate Islands"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA