Genealogy -- United States
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is genealogy.
· Eichholz, A. (ed.). (1992). Ancestry's Red Book: American State, County and Town Sources. Ancestry Publishing.
· Greenwood, V. (2000). The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy. (3rd ed.) Genealogical Publishing Company.
· Meyerink, K. (1997). Printed Sources: A Guide to Published Genealogical Records. Ancestry Publishing.
· Mills, E.S. (2001). Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers, and Librarians. Genealogical Publishing.
· Stevenson, N. (1989). Genealogical Evidence: A Guide to the Standard of Proof Relating to Pedigrees, Ancestry, Heirship and Family History. Aegean Park Press.
· Szucs, L.D., and Luebking, S.H. (1997). The Source: A Guidebook of American Genealogy. Ancestry Publishing.
· Genealogy.com. Requires payment to access most resources. Includes records of the U.S. Census Bureau. http://www.genealogy.com/
· Ancestry.com. Requires payment to access most resources. Includes records of the U.S. Census Bureau. http://www.ancestry.com/
· FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. http://www.familysearch.org/
· The USGenWeb Project. http://www.usgenweb.com/
· RootsWeb.com. http://www.rootsweb.com/
· Howells, Cyndi. Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet. http://www.cyndislist.com/
· Carmack, S.D., and Joslyn, R.D. (eds.). (1999). Organizing Your Family History Search: Efficient and Effective Ways to Gather and Protect Your Genealogical Research. F and W Publications.
· Clifford, K. (2001). Complete Beginner's Guide to Genealogy, the Internet, and Your Genealogy Computer Program. Genealogical Publishing.
· Croom, E.A. (2001). Unpuzzling Your Past: The Best-Selling Basic Guide to Genealogy. F and W Publications.
· Mills, E.S. (1997). Evidence!: Citation and Analysis for the Family Historian. Genealogical Publishing.
· Warren, P.S., and Warren, J.W. (2001). Your Guide to the Family History Library: How to Access the World's Largest Genealogy Resource. F and W Publications.
· Woodtor, D.P. (1999). Finding a Place Called Home: A Guide to African-American Genealogical and Historical Identity. Random House.
"The Infography about United States Genealogy"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA