Chinese Philosophy -- 9th Century Onward
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Chinese philosophy.
· De Bary, Wm. Theodore, ed. Self and Society in Ming Thought. Columbia University Press, 1970.
· Elman, Benjamin. From Philosophy to Philology. Harvard University Press, 1984.
· Graham, Angus C. Two Chinese Philosophers. Reprint. Open Court, 1992.
· Ivanhoe, Philip J. "Neo-Confucianism," in The Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Volume 6. Routledge Press, 1999: 764-776.
· Metzger, Thomas A. Escape from Predicament. Columbia University Press, 1977.
· Tu, Wei-ming. Neo-Confucian Thought in Action. University of California Press, 1976.
· Gardner, Daniel K. Learning to be a Sage. University of California Press, 1990.
· Hartman, Charles. Han Yü and the Tang Search for Unity. Princeton University Press, 1986.
· Wright, Arthur, ed. Studies in Chinese Thought. University of Chicago Press, 1953.
"The Infography about Chinese Philosophy after the 8th Century"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA