Aging -- Molecular Genetics of
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the genetics of aging.
· Finch, C.E. Senescence, Longevity, and the Genome. University of Chicago Press, 1990.
· Rose, M.R. Evolutionary Biology of Aging. Oxford University Press, 1991.
· Martin, G.M., Austad, S.N., and Johnson, T.E. Genetic analysis of aging: Role of oxidative damage and environmental stresses. Nat. Genetics, 13:25-34, 1996.
· Johnson, F.B., Sinclair, D.A., and Guarante, L. Molecular biology of aging. Cell, 96:291-302, 1999.
· Lithgow, G.J., and Kirkwood, T.B.L. Mechanisms and evolution of aging. Science, 273:321-324, 1996.
· Jazwinski, S.M. Longevity, genes and aging. Science, 273:54-58, 1996.
· Institute of Gerontology http://www.iog.wayne.edu/
· Finch, C.E., and Tanzi, R.E. Genetics of aging. Science, 278:407-411, 1997.
· Masoro E.J., and Austad, S.N. The evolution of the antiaging action of dietary restriction: A hypothesis. J. Gerontol. Biol. Sci., 51A:B387-B391, 1996.
· U.S. Administration on Aging http://www.aoa.dhhs.gov/
· National Aging Information Center http://www.aoa.dhhs.gov/naic/
· The American Society for Healthy Aging http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Sparta/4955/index.html
"The Infography about the Molecular Genetics of Aging"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA