Alzheimer's Disease -- Diagnosis
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Alzheimer's Disease.
· Khachaturian ZS (1985) Diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. Arch Neurol 42:1097-1105.
· Mirra SS, Heyman A, McKeel D, Sumi SM, Crain BJ, Brownlee LM, Vogel FS, Hughes JP, van Belle G, Berg L (1991) The Consortium to Establish a Registry for Alzheimer's Disease (CERAD). Part II. Standardization of the neuropathologic assessment of Alzheimer's disease. Neurology 41:479-486.
· McKhann GD, Drachman DA, Folstein MF, Katzman R, Price D, Stadlan EM (1984) Clinical diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease: report of the NINCDS-ADRDA Work Group under the auspices of Department of Health and Human Services Task Force on Alzheimer's disease. Neurology 34:939-944.
· Villareal DT, Morris JC (1999) The diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimer's Disease 1:231-247.
· Nagy Z, Hindley NJ, Braak H, Braak E, Yilmazer-Hanke DM, Schultz C, Barnetson L, Jobst KA, Smith AD (1999) Relationship between clinical and radiological diagnostic criteria for Alzheimer's disease and the extent of neuropathology as reflected by "stages": a prospective study. Dementia Geriatric Cogn Disord 10:109-114.
· McKeith IG, Galasko D, Kosaka K, Perry EK, Dickson DW, Hansen LA, Salmon DP, Lowe J, Mirra SS, Byrne EJ, Lennox G, Quinn NP, Edwardson JA, Ince PG, Bergeron C, Burns A, Miller BL, Lovestone S, Collerton D, Jansen EN, Ballard C, de Vos RA, Wilcock GK, Jellinger KA, Perry RH (1996) Consensus guidelines for the clinical and pathologic diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB): report of the Consortium on DLB International Workshop. Neurology 47:1113-1124.
· Hansen LA, Terry RD (1997) Position paper on diagnostic criteria for Alzheimer disease. Neurobiol Aging 18:S71-S73.
· Samuel W, Alford M, Hofstetter CR, Hansen L (1997) Dementia with Lewy bodies versus pure Alzheimer disease: differences in cognition, neuropathology, cholinergic dysfunction, and synapse density. J Neuropath Exper Neurology 56:499-508.
· Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders IV (DSM-IV), Brandon-Hill, 1994.
"The Infography about the Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA