English Language -- Australia and New Zealand
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Baker, S.J. The Australian Language. Currawong, 1978.
· Bell, Allan, and Janet Holmes, eds. New Zealand Ways of Speaking English. Multilingual Matters, 1990.
· Blair, David, and Peter Collins, ed. English in Australia. Benjamins, 2001.
· Gordon, Elizabeth, and Tony Deverson. New Zealand English: An Introduction to New Zealand Speech and Usage. Heinemann, 1985.
· Meredith, John. Dinkum Aussie Slang: A Handbook of Australian Rhyming Slang. Kangaroo, 1991.
· Wilkes, G.A. A Dictionary of Australian Colloquialisms. Routledge, 1978.
"The Infography about the English Language in Australia and New Zealand"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA