Psychology -- Women
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the psychology of women.
· Yoder, J.D. (1999). Women and gender: Transforming psychology. Prentice Hall. http://www3.uakron.edu/psychology/faculty/yoder/
· Unger, R., and Crawford, M. (1996). Women and gender: A feminist psychology (2nd ed.). McGraw-Hill.
· Psychology of Women Division of the American Psychological Association http://www.apa.org/about/division/div35.html
· Brown, L.S. (1994). Subversive dialogues: Theory in feminist therapy. Basic.
· Bem, S.L. (1993). The lenses of gender: Transforming the debate on sexual inequality. Yale.
· Psychology of Women Quarterly, Official Journal of Division 35 (Psychology of Women) of the American Psychological Association, Cambridge University Press.
· Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers.
· Feminism and Psychology, Sage Publications.
· Denmark, F.L., and Paludi, M.A. (Eds.). (1993). Psychology of women: A handbook of issues and theories (pp. 67-103). Greenwood Press.
· Landrine, H. (Ed.). (1995). Bringing cultural diversity to feminist psychology: Theory, research, and practice. American Psychological Association.
· Eagly, A.H. (1987). Sex differences in social behavior: A social-role interpretation. Erlbaum.
· Hare-Mustin, R.T., and Marecek, J. (1988). The meaning of difference: Gender theory, postmoderism, and psychology. American Psychologist, 43, 455-464.
· West, C., and Fenstermaker, S. (1995). Doing difference. Gender and Society, 9, 8-37.
· Fausto-Sterling, A. (1992). Myths of gender (2nd ed.). Basic.
· Chodorow, N. (1978). The reproduction of mothering. University of California Press.
· Gilligan, C. (1982). In a different voice: Psychological theory and women's development. Harvard.
· Lott, B., and Maluso, D. (Eds.). (1995). The social psychology of interpersonal discrimination. Guilford.
· Crosby, F.J. (1991). Juggling: The unexpected advantages of balancing career and home for women and their families. Free Press.
· Stanton, A.L., and Gallant, S.J. (Eds.). (1995). The psychology of women's health: Progress and challenges in research and application. American Psychological Association.
· Walker, L.E.A. (1984). The battered woman syndrome. Springer.
· Koss, M.P., Goodman, L.A., Browne, A., Fitzgerald, L.F., Keita, G.P., and Russo, N.F. (1994). No safe haven: Male violence against women at home, at work, and in the community. American Psychological Association.
· Kitzinger, C. (1991). Feminism, psychology, and the paradox of power. Feminism and Psychology, 1, 111-129.
"The Infography about the Psychology of Women"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA