The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Asian Americans.
· Asian American Village. http://www.imdiversity.com/villages/asian/village_asian_american.asp
· Asian-Nation: Asian American History, Demographics, and Issues. http://www.asian-nation.org/index.shtml
· AsianWeek: The Voice of Asian America. http://www.asianweek.com/
· Chan, Sucheng. 1991. Asian Americans: An Interpretive History. Twayne Publishers.
· Fong, Timothy P. 1998. The Contemporary Asian American Experience: Beyond the Model Minority. Prentice Hall.
· Takaki, Ronald. 1998. Strangers from a Different Shore: A History of Asian Americans. Back Bay Books.
· Asian American Studies Center. http://www.aasc.ucla.edu/
· Chang, Gordon. 2001. Asian Americans and Politics: Perspectives, Experiences, Prospects. Stanford University Press.
· Espiritu, Yen Le. 1993. Asian American Panethnicity: Bridging Institutions and Identities. Temple University Press.
· Fong, Timothy P., and Larry H. Shinagawa, eds. 2000. Asian Americans: Experiences and Perspectives. Prentice Hall.
· Lee, Josephine, Sucheng Chan, Michael Omi, and David Palumbo-Liu, eds. 1998. Performing Asian America: Race and Ethnicity on the Contemporary Stage. Temple University Press.
· Lien, Pei-Te. 2001. The Making of Asian America through Political Participation. Temple University Press.
· Ling, Amy, ed. 2000. Yellow Light: The Flowering of Asian American Arts. Temple University Press.
· Model Minority: A Guide to Asian American Empowerment. http://www.modelminority.com/
· Okihiro, Gary Y. 2001. The Columbia Guide to Asian American History. Columbia University Press.
· Tuan, Mia. 1999. Forever Foreigner or Honorary Whites? The Asian Ethnic Experience Today. Rutgers University Press.
· U.S. Census Bureau: Asian and Pacific Islander Populations. http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/race/api.html
· Williams-Leon, Teresa, Cynthia L. Nakashima, and Michael Omi, eds. 2001. The Sum of Our Parts: Mixed-Heritage Asian Americans. Temple University Press.
· Woo, Deborah. 2000. Glass Ceilings and Asian Americans: The New Face of Workplace Barriers. AltaMira Press.
· Wu, Jean, and Min Song, eds. 2000. Asian American Studies: A Reader. Rutgers University Press.
· Zhou, Min, and James V. Gatewood, eds. 2000. Contemporary Asian America: A Multidisciplinary Reader. New York University Press.
· Zia, Helen. 2000. Asian American Dreams: The Emergence of an American People. Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
"The Infography about Asian Americans"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA