Guthrie, Woody (1912-1967)
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is American folk singer Woody Guthrie.
· The Woody Guthrie Foundation and Archives. http://www.woodyguthrie.org/
· Guthrie, Woody. Bound for Glory. New edition with a foreword by Pete Seeger and a tribute by Stuart L. Udall. Plume Paperback, 1983.
· Guthrie, Woody. Woody Guthrie: The Asch Recordings, Vol. 1-4. Compiled and annotated by Jeff Place and Guy Logsdon. Smithsonian Folkways (SF 40112), 1999.
· Guthrie, Woody. Dust Bowl Ballads. Liner notes by Dave Marsh and Woody Guthrie. Buddha Records (74465 99724 2), 2000.
· Klein, Joe. Woody Guthrie: A Life. Delta, 1999.
· Partridge, Elizabeth. This Land Was Made for You and Me. Viking, 2002.
· Longhi, Vincent "Jim." Woody, Cisco, and Me. University of Illinois, 1996.
· U.S. Library of Congress. American Memory: Woody Guthrie and the Archive of American Folksong. http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/wwghtml/wwghome.html
· Guthrie, Woody. Pastures of Plenty: A Self-Portrait. Edited by Dave Marsh and Harold Leventhal. HarperCollins, 1990.
· Guthrie, Woody. Library of Congress Recordings. Rounder Records (1041/2/3), 1988.
· Guthrie, Woody. Woody Guthrie Folk Songs: A Collection of Songs by America's Foremost Balladeer. Introduction by Pete Seeger. Ludlow Music, 1963.
· Roll on Columbia: Woody Guthrie and the Bonneville Power Administration. Produced and directed by Michael Majdic and Denise Matthews. Knight Library Media Services and the School of Journalism and Communication, University of Oregon, 2000. http://libweb.uoregon.edu/ec/wguthrie/
· Santelli, Robert, and Emily Davidson, eds. Hard Travelin': The Life and Legacy of Woody Guthrie. University Press of New England, 1999.
· Guthrie, Woody. Long Ways to Travel: The Unreleased Folkways Masters, 1944-1949. Compiled and annotated by Jeff Place and Guy Logsdon. Smithsonian Folkways (SF 40046), 1994.
· Man in the Sand. Directed by Kim Hopkins and produced by Juliet De Valero Wills and Christopher Frederick. Union Productions, 1999.
· Guthrie, Woody. Born to Win. Edited by Robert Shelton. MacMillan, 1965.
· Edgmon, Mary Jo. My Favorite Things about My Brother, Woody Guthrie. Oklahoma Historical Society, 2002.
· Bray, Thelma, ed. Reflections: The Life and Times of Woody Guthrie. Pampa's Tribute to Woody Guthrie, 2001.
· Guthrie, Woody. Nursery Days. Smithsonian Folkways (SF 45036), 1992.
· Guthrie, Woody. Songs to Grow on for Mother and Child. Smithsonian Folkways (SF 45035), 1991.
"The Infography about Woody Guthrie (1912-1967)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA