The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the lute.
· Diana Poulton, John Dowland, 2nd edition. Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1982.
· David Ledbetter, Harpsichord and Lute Music in 17th-Century France. London: McMillan, 1987.
· Luis Gásser, Luis Milán on Sixteenth-Century Performance Practice. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1996.
· Sixteenth-Century Printed Tablatures for the Lute, Guitar, and Vihuela, compiled by Gary R. Boye. http://www.library.appstate.edu/music/lute/home.html
· The Lute Society. http://www.lutesoc.co.uk/
· Dolcissima et Amorosa. Early Italian Renaissance Lute Music. Paul O'Dette, lute. Music by Francesco da Milano, Pietro Paolo Borrono, Marco da L'Aquila, and Alberto da Ripa. CD-Audio by Harmonia Mundi, HMU 907043, 1994.
"The Infography about the Lute"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA