Southeast Asia -- Culture
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the culture of Southeast Asia.
· In Search of Southeast Asia: A Modern History. David J. Steinberg, ed. (University of Hawaii Press, 1971).
· Agricultural Involution: The Process of Ecological Change in Indonesia. Clifford Geertz (University of California Press, 1963).
· The Golden Peninsula: Culture and Adaptation in Mainland Southeast Asia. Charles F. Keyes (University of Hawaii Press, 1977).
· The Making of South East Asia. G. Coedes (University of California Press, 1962).
· The Moral Economy of the Peasant. James C. Scott (Yale University Press, 1976).
· Understanding Witchcraft and Sorcery in Southeast Asia. C.W. Watson and Roy Ellen (University of Hawaii Press, 1993).
· Male and Female in Developing Southeast Asia. Wazir Jahan Karim, ed. (Berg Publishers, 1995).
· Bewitching Women, Pious Men: Gender and Body Politics in Southeast Asia. Aihwa Ong and Michael G. Peletz, eds. (University of California Press, 1995).
· Wives, Mistresses and Matriarchs. Louise Williams (Rowman and Littlefield, 1999).
"The Infography about the Culture of Southeast Asia"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA