The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the saxophone.
· The Art of Saxophone Playing, by Larry Teal, Summy-Birchard Company, 1963.
· Adolphe Sax (1814-1894): His Life and Legacy, by Wally Horwood, Egon Publishers, Ltd., 1980.
· The Cambridge Companion To The Saxophone, edited by Richard Ingham, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
· 150 Years of Music for Saxophone, by Jean-Marie Londeix, Roncorp Publications, 1995.
· Jean-Marie Londeix: Master of the Modern Saxophone, by James C. Umble, Roncorp Publications, 2000.
· Saxophone Soloists and Their Music (1844-1985): An Annotated Bibliography, by Harry Gee, Indiana University Press, 1986.
· THE NORTH AMERICAN SAXOPHONE ALLIANCE, organization of professional saxophonists. http://www.saxalliance.org/
· The Saxophone Symposium, Journal of The North American Saxophone Alliance, published annually.
· The Early History of the Saxophone, by Frederick Hemke, 1975, doctoral dissertation published by University Microfils International.
· Celebrating the Saxophone, by Paul Lindemeyer, Hearst Books, 1998.
· The Saxophone Journal, published six times each year by Dorn Publications.
"The Infography about the Saxophone"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA