Water Wave-Current Interaction
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is currents.
· Battjes, J.A. (1988) Surf-zone dynamics. Annual Rev. Fluid Mech., 20: 257-293.
· Kirby, J.T. (1984) A note on linear surface wave-current interaction. J. Geophys. Res., 89 (C1): 745-747.
· Longuet-Higgins, M.S., and Stewart, R.W. (1962) Radiation stresses and mass transport in gravity waves with applications to surf-beats. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 13: 481-504.
· Mei, C.C., and Liu, P.L.-F. (1993) Surface waves and coastal dynamics. Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech., 25: 215-240.
· Peregrine, D.H. (1976) Interaction of water waves and currents. Advances in Applied Mechanics, 16: 9-117.
· Svendsen, I.A., and Putrevu, U. (1996) Surf zone hydrodynamics. Advances in Coastal and Ocean Engineering, Volume 2. World Scientific Publishing.
· de Vriend, H.J., and Stive, M.J.F. (1987) Quasi-3D modeling of nearshore currents. Coastal Engineering, 11: 565-601.
· Dingemans, M.W. (1997) Water wave propagation over uneven bottoms. Advanced series on Ocean Engineering, Volume 13, Parts 1 and 2. World Scientific Publishing.
· Komar, P.D. (1998) Beach processes and sedimentation, 2nd Edition. Prentice Hall.
· Sanchez-Arcilla, A., and Lemos, C.M. (1990) Surf-zone hydrodynamics. Pineridge Press.
· Sarpkaya, T., and Isaacson, M. (1981) Mechanics of wave forces on offshore structures. Van Nostrand Reinhold.
· Mei, C.C. (1989) The applied dynamics of ocean surface waves. World Scientific Publishing.
· Phillips, O.M. (1977) Dynamics of the upper ocean, 2nd Edition. Cambridge University Press.
"The Infography about the Interaction of Waves and Currents in Water"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA