The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is teacher efficacy.
· Bandura, A. (1993). "Perceived self-efficacy in cognitive development and functioning," Educational Psychologist, 28 (2), 117-148.
· Goddard, R.D., Hoy, W.K., and Woolfolk Hoy, A. (2000). Collective teacher efficacy: Its meaning, measure, and impact on student achievement. American Educational Research Journal, 37, 479-508.
· Guskey, T., and Passaro, P. (1994). Teacher efficacy: A study of construct dimensions. American Educational Research Journal, 31, 627-643.
· Ross, J.A. (1995). "Strategies for enhancing teachers' beliefs in their effectiveness: Research on a school improvement hypothesis." Teachers College Record, 97 (2), 227-251.
· Tschannen-Moran, M., Woolfolk Hoy, A., and Hoy, W.K. (1998). Teacher efficacy: Its meaning and measure. Review of Educational Research, 68 (2), 202-248.
· Tschannen-Moran, M., and Woolfolk Hoy, A. (2001). Teacher efficacy: Capturing an elusive construct. Teaching and Teacher Education, 17 (7), 771-869.
· Anderson, R., Greene, M., and Loewen, P. (1988). Relationships among teachers' and students' thinking skills, sense of efficacy, and student achievement. Alberta Journal of Educational Research, 34 (2), 148-165.
· Armor, D., Conroy Oseguera, P., Cox, M., King, N., McDonnell, L., Pascal, A., Pauly, E., and Zellman, G. (1976). Analysis of the school preferred reading programs in selected Los Angeles minority schools. Rand Corporation, R2007-LAUSD.
· Ashton, P.T., and Webb, R.B. (1986). Making a difference: Teachers' sense of efficacy and student achievement. Longman.
· Bandura, A. (1997). Self efficacy: The exercise of control. W.H. Freeman.
· Gibson, S., and Dembo, M. (1984). Teacher efficacy: A construct validation. Journal of Educational Psychology, 76, 569-582.
· Henson, R.K., Bennett, D.T., Sienty, S.F., and Chambers, S.M. (2000, April). The relationship between means-end task analysis and context specific and global efficacy in emergency certification teachers: Exploring a new model of efficacy. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA.
· Hoy, W.K., and Woolfolk, A.E. (1990). Socialization of student teachers. American Educational Research Journal, 27, 279-300.
· Hoy, W.K., and Woolfolk, A.E. (1993). Teachers‚ sense of efficacy and the organizational health of schools. The Elementary School Journal, 93, 356-372.
· Woolfolk, A.E., and Hoy, W.K., (1990). Prospective teachers‚ sense of efficacy and beliefs about control, Journal of Educational Psychology, 82, 81-91.
"The Infography about Teacher Efficacy"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA