Crop Adaptations to Dry Environments
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is crop adaptations to arid conditions.
· Drought Stress and Its Impact. A. Blum, Plantstress. http://www.plantstress.com/Articles/index.asp
· A Critical Evaluation of Traits for Improving Crop Yields in Water-Limited Environments. 1990. M.M. Ludlow and R.C. Muchow, Advances in Agronomy, 43: 107-153.
· Adaptation of Grain Legumes (Pulses) to Water-Limited Environments. 2000. N.C. Turner, G.C. Wright, and K.H.M. Siddique, Advances in Agronomy, 71: 193-231.
· Breeding for Drought Resistance in Rice: Physiology and Molecular Genetics Considerations. 1997. H.T. Nguyen, R.C. Babu, and A. Blum, Crop Science, 37: 1426-1434.
· Adaptation to Diverse Environments: Variation in Water-Use Efficiency within Crop Species. 1997. A.G. Condon and A.E. Hall, pp. 79-116 in L.E. Jackson, ed., Ecology in Agriculture, Academic Press.
· Plant Breeding for Stress Environments. 1988. A. Blum. CRC Press.
· Crop Responses to Environment. 2001. A.E. Hall. CRC Press.
"The Infography about Crop Adaptations to Dry Environments"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA