Native American History -- Georgia
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Native Americans in Georgia.
· Hudson, Charles, The Southeastern Indians, University of Tennessee Press, 1976.
· Malone, Henry T., Cherokees of the Old South, University of Georgia Press, 1956.
· Mooney, James, "Myths of the Cherokees," Bureau of American Ethnology, 19th Annual Report, Part 1, 1897-98, Government Printing Office, 1900.
· Swanton, John R., Indians of the Southeastern United States, Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin 137, Government Printing Office, 1946.
· Swanton, John R., Early History of the Creek Indians and Their Neighbors, University Press of Florida, 1992 (reprint of the 1922 edition).
· White, Max E., Georgia's Indian Heritage: The Prehistoric Peoples and Historic Tribes of Georgia, W.H. Wolfe Associates, 1988.
· Publications of the Department of Anthropology Laboratory of Archaeology, University of Georgia, some of which are available at The Georgia Archaeological Site File. http://shapiro.anthro.uga.edu/GASF/
"The Infography about the History of Native Americans in Georgia"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA