Islam -- African-American
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is African-American Muslims.
· Barboza, Steven. American Jihad: Islam after Malcolm X. Doubleday, 1994.
· Curtis, Edward E. Islam in Black America: Identity, Liberation, and Difference in African-American Thought. SUNY Press, 2002.
· Dannin, Robert. Black Pilgrimage to Islam. Oxford University Press, 2002.
· McAlister, Melani. "The Middle East in African American Cultural Politics, 1955-1972," in Epic Encounters: Culture, Media, and U.S. Interests in the Middle East. University of California Press, 2001, 84-124.
· Nance, Susan. "Mystery of the Moorish Science Temple: Southern Blacks and American Alternate Spirituality in 1920s Chicago." Religion and American Culture, vol. 12, no. 2 (Summer 2002): 123-166.
· Turner, Richard Brent. Islam in the African-American Experience. Indiana University Press, 1997.
"The Infography about African-American Islam"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA