The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is art therapy.
· Allen, P. (1995). Art Is a Way of Knowing. Shambala Publications.
· Klorer, P.G. (2000). Expressive Therapy with Troubled Children. Jason Aronson.
· Koplewicz, H.S., and Goodman, R.F. (Eds.). (1999). Childhood Revealed: Art Expressing Pain, Discovery and Hope. Harry N. Abrams.
· Kramer, E. (1998). Childhood and Art Therapy: Notes on Theory and Application. Magnolia Street Publishers.
· Naumburg, M. (1973). An Introduction to Art Therapy: Studies of the "Free" Art Expression of Behavior Problem Children and Adolescents as a Means of Diagnosis and Therapy. Teachers College Press.
· Ulman, E., and Dachinger, P. (Eds.). (1996). Art Therapy in Theory and Practice. Magnolia Street Publishers.
-- ONLINE --
· The American Art Therapy Association. http://www.arttherapy.org/
· Art Therapy on the Web. http://www.sofer.com/art-therapy/index.html
· Arts and Healing Network. http://www.artheals.org/
· The Australian and New Zealand Art Therapy Association. http://anzata.org/mambo/
· British Association of Art Therapists. http://www.baat.org/
· The Canvas: National Art Therapy Newsletter. http://www.art-therapy-canvas.org/
· The National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations. http://www.nccata.org/
· Northern Ireland Group for Art as Therapy (NIGAT). http://www.geocities.com/nigat_uk/index.html
-- JOURNALS --
· American Journal of Art Therapy, (1961-2002), Vermont College.
· Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association, (1983-present), American Art Therapy Association.
· Arts in Psychotherapy, (1980-present), preceded by Art Psychotherapy: An International Journal, (1973-1979), Pergamon Press.
-- BOOKS --
· Betensky, M. (1952). Self-Discovery through Self-Expression: Use of Art in Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents. Charles C. Thomas.
· Campbell, J., Liebman, M., Brooks, F., Jones, J., and Ward, C. (Eds.). (1999). Art Therapy, Race and Culture. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
· Cane, F. (1983). The Artist in Each of Us. Art Therapy Publications.
· Cohen, B.M., and Cox, C.T. (1990). Telling without Talking: Art as a Window into the World of Multiple Personality. W.W. Norton.
· Golomb, C. (1992). The Child's Creation of a Pictorial World. University of California Press.
· Gussak, D., and Virshup, E. (1997). Drawing Time: Art Therapy in Prisons and Other Correctional Settings. Magnolia Street Publishers.
· Junge, M. (1994). A History of Art Therapy in the United States. American Art Therapy Association.
· Kramer, E. (1977). Art Therapy in a Children's Community: A Study of the Function of Art Therapy in the Treatment Program of Wiltwyck School for Boys. Schocken Books.
· Kwiatkowska, H.Y. (1978). Family Therapy and Evaluation through Art. Charles C. Thomas.
· Landgarten, H., and Lubbers, D. (Eds.). (1991). Adult Art Psychotherapy: Issues and Applications. Brunner/Mazel.
· Levick, M. (1983). They Could Not Talk and So They Drew: Children's Styles of Coping and Thinking. Charles C. Thomas.
· Lowenfeld, V., and Brittain, W.L. (1987). Creative and Mental Growth. MacMillan.
· Naumburg, M. (1950). Schizophrenic Art: Its Meaning in Psychotherapy. Grune and Stratton.
· Naumburg, M. (1950). Psychoneurotic Art: Its Function in Psychotherapy. Grune and Stratton.
· Naumburg, M. (1966). Dymanically Oriented Art Therapy: Its Principles and Practice. Grune and Stratton.
· Rhyne, J. (1994). The Gestalt Art Experience: Patterns That Connect. Magnolia Street Publishers.
· Riley, S. (1999). Contemporary Art Therapy with Adolescents. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
· Robbins, A. (1994). A Multi-Modal Approach to Creative Art Therapy. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
· Rubin, J.A. (1984). Child Art Therapy: Understanding and Helping Children Grow through Art. Van Nostrand Reinhold.
· Rubin, J.A. (Ed.). (2001). Approaches to Art Therapy: Theory and Technique. Brunner-Routledge.
· Silver, R. (2001). Art as Language: Access to Thoughts and Feelings through Stimulus Drawings. Brunner-Routledge.
· Simon, R.M. (1997). Symbolic Images in Art as Therapy. Routledge.
· Waller, D. (1999). Group Integrative Art Therapy: Its Use in Training and Treatment. Routledge.
"The Infography about Art Therapy"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA