Capital Punishment -- History -- United States
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is capital punishment in the United States.
· Bedau, Hugo Adam, ed. The Death Penalty in America. Aldine, 1964; Oxford University Press, 1982, 1997.
· Espy, M. Watt, and John Ortiz Smykla. Executions in the United States, 1608-1987: The Espy File. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, 1987.
· Masur, Louis P. Rites of Execution: Capital Punishment and the Transformation of American Culture, 1776-1865. Oxford University Press, 1989, 1991.
· Paternoster, Raymond. Capital Punishment in America. Lexington Books, 1991.
· Tushnet, Mark. The Death Penalty: Constitutional Issues. Facts on File, 1994.
· Vila, Bryan, and Cynthia Morris, eds. Capital Punishment in the United States: A Documentary History. Greenwood Press, 1997.
· Baldus, David, George Woodworth, and Charles A. Pulaski, Jr. Equal Justice and the Death Penalty: A Legal and Empirical Analysis. Northeastern University Press, 1990.
· Bohm, Robert. Deathquest: An Introduction to the Theory and Practice of Capital Punishment in the United States. Anderson Publishing, 1999.
· Bowers, William J., with Glenn L. Pierce and John F. McDevitt. Legal Homicide: Death as Punishment in America, 1864-1982. Northeastern University Press, 1984.
· Epstein, Lee, and Joseph F. Kobylka. The Supreme Court and Legal Change: Abortion and the Death Penalty. University of North Carolina Press, 1992.
· Latzer, Barry. Death Penalty Cases: Leading U.S. Supreme Court Cases on Capital Punishment. Butterworth-Heinemann, 1997.
· Marquart, James W., Sheldon Ekland-Olson, and Jonathan R. Sorensen. The Rope, the Chair, and the Needle: Capital Punishment in Texas, 1923-1990. University of Texas Press, 1998.
· Meltsner, Michael. Cruel and Unusual: The Supreme Court and Capital Punishment. Random House, 1973.
· Mitchell, Hayley R. The Complete History of the Death Penalty. Greenhaven Press, 2001.
· O'Shea, Kathleen A. Women and the Death Penalty in the United States, 1900-1998. Praeger Publishing, 1999.
· van den Haag, Ernest, and John P. Conrad. The Death Penalty: A Debate. Plenum Press, 1983.
"The Infography about the History of Capital Punishment in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA