Kashmiri Language and Literature
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the language and literature of Kashmir.
· Greierson, George A. (1916-1932). Dictionary of the Kashmiri Language, Compiled Partly from Materials Left by the Late Pandit Isvara Kaula. (Asiatic Society of Bengal).
· Kachru, Braj B. (1973). An Introduction to Spoken Kashmiri: A Basic Course and Reference Manual for Learning and Teaching Kashmiri as a Second Language. (University of Illinois Press).
· Kachru, Braj B. (1981). Kashmiri Literature. (Otto Harrassowitz).
· Kaul, Jayalal. (1969). Studies in Kashmiri. (Kapoor Brothers).
· Koul, Omkar N., and P.E. Hook, eds. (1984). Aspects of Kashmiri Linguistics. (Bahri Publications).
· Wali, Kashi, and Omkar N. Koul. (1997). Kashmiri: A Cognitive-Descriptive Grammar. (Routledge).
· Azad, Abdul-Ahad. (1959, 1962, and 1963). Kashmiri Zaban aur Shayari (3 vols. in Urdu). (Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages).
· Bhatt, Rakesh M. (1999). Verb Movement and the Syntax of Kashmiri. (Kluwer Academic Publishers).
· Ganju, Trilokinath. (1991). Kashmiri Bhasha Ka Bhashashashatriya Adyayan. (Vani Prakashan) (in Hindi).
· Knowles, J. Hinton. (1885). A Dictionary of Kashmiri Proverbs and Sayings Explained and Illustrated from the Rich and Interesting Folklore of the Valley. (Education Society's Press).
· Pushp, P.N., and K. Wariko, eds. (1996). Jammu, Kashmir and Ladak: Linguistic Predicament. (Har-Arand Publications).
· Toshakhani, Shashi Shekhar. (1985). Kashmiri Sahitya ka Itihas. (Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and Languages) (in Hindi).
"The Infography about Kashmiri Language and Literature"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA