Wine -- South Africa
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is South African wines.
· John Platter and Michael Fridjhon, "South Africa," in Jancis Robinson, The Oxford Companion to Wine, Oxford University Press, 1999, pp. 648-563 (see also cross-references and related entries in same volume).
· John Platter, Platter Online: The Definitive Guide to South African Wine. Also available in book form, Philip van Zyl (ed.), John Platter South African Wine Guide, Andrew McDowall, 2002, and earlier editions. http://www.platteronline.com/
· C.J. Orffer, Wine Grape Cultivars in South Africa, Cape Town, 1979.
· J. Burger and J. Deist, Viticulture in South Africa, Cape Town, 1981.
· Joachim Ewert and Johann Hamman, "Why Paternalism Survives: Globalisation, Democratisation and Labour on South African Wine Farms," Sociologia Ruralis, vol 39, no 2, April 1999.
· Joachim Ewert, "Every Man for Himself: South African Wine Farmers, Workers and Cooperatives in the Face of Globalisation," X World Congress of the International Rural Sociology Association, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 30 July to 5 August 2000.
"The Infography about South African Wine"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA