California -- Geography
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the geography of California.
· TerraServer. To view air photos of California, just click on locations to zoom in. http://terraserver.microsoft.com/
· California Studies Association. For a range of information. http://geography.berkeley.edu/ProjectsResources/CaliforniaFocus.html
· California State University, Northridge, Department of Geography. Has population and other maps. http://geogdata.csun.edu/
· Selby, William A. 2000. Rediscovering the Golden State: California Geography. John Wiley and Sons.
· Allen, James P., and Eugene Turner. 1997. The Ethnic Quilt: Population Diversity in Southern California. California State University at Northridge, Center for Geographical Studies.
· California Department of Finance. http://www.dof.ca.gov/
· Selby, William A. Geography of California. http://homepage.smc.edu/selby_william/california.htm
· Bakker, Elna. 1984. An Island Called California: An Ecological Introduction to Its Natural Communities. UC Press, 2nd ed.
· Harden, Deborah R. 1998. California Geology. Prentice Hall.
· McPhee, John. Assembling California. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1993.
· California Geology Magazine. California Department of Conservation, Division of Mines and Geology.
· California Heartland. Public television programs and other information about California agriculture. http://www.californiaheartland.org/
· Laird, Donald. California State Historical Landmarks. http://www.sonic.net/~laird/landmarks/
"The Infography about the Geography of California"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA