Sheep and Lamb Marketing
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the marketing of sheep.
· Bastian, C.T., and G.D. Whipple. 1998. "An Historical Overview of Lamb Marketing in the U.S. and Considerations for the Future," Sheep and Goat Research Journal. Special Marketing Issue. 14(1): 4-15.
· Engelman, G., E. Stoddard, and J. Maetzold. 1973. The Lamb Industry: An Economic Study of Marketing Structure, Practices, and Problems. Packers and Stockyards Administration, Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. Packers and Stockyards Administration Research Report No. 2.
· Sheep and Goat Research Journal. 1998. Special Marketing Issue. 14(1). Entire issue devoted to sheep and lamb marketing.
· Stillman, R., T. Crawford, and L. Aldrich. 1990. The U.S. Sheep Industry. Commodity Economics Division, Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. Staff Report No. AGES 9048. U.S. Government Printing Office.
· Texas Agricultural Market Research Center (TAMRC). December 1991. "Assessment of Marketing Strategies to Enhance Returns to Lamb Producers." TAMRC Commodity Market Research Report No. CM-1-91. Texas A and M University.
· U.S. International Trade Commission. 1995. Lamb Meat: Competitive Conditions Affecting the U.S. and Foreign Lamb Industries. Publication No. 2915.
· Menkhaus, D.J., G.D. Whipple, and C.E. Ward. 1989. "Concentration in the Lamb Slaughtering Industry: Impact on Lamb Prices." SID Sheep Research Journal. 6(1): 25-29.
· VanTassell, L.W., and G.D. Whipple. 1994. "The Cyclical Nature of the U.S. Sheep Industry." Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 19(2): 267-279.
· Whipple, G.D., and D.J. Menkhaus. 1988. "An Econometric Investigation of the Demand for Lamb." SID Research Journal. 5(1): 7-11.
"The Infography about Sheep and Lamb Marketing"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA