Islamic Art and Architecture
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Islamic art and architecture.
· Grabar, O. The Formation of Islamic Art, Yale University Press, 1973.
· Grabar, O. The Art and Architecture of Islam 650-1250, Yale University Press, 1987.
· Blair, S. and Bloom, J. The Art and Architecture of Islam 1250-1800, Yale University Press, 1994.
· Hillenbrand, R. Islamic Art and Architecture, Thames and Hudson, 1999.
· Danby, M. Moorish Style, Phaidon, 1995.
· Damluji, S. The Architecture of the Prophet's Holy Mosque, Hazar Publishing Company, 1994.
· Kahera, A. Deconstructing the American Mosque: Space, Gender and Aesthetics, University of Texas Press, 2002.
· Kahera, A. "Image, Text and Form: Complexities of Aesthetics in an American Masjid," Studies in Contemporary Islam I (1999) 2:73-84
· Clevenot, D. Splendors of Islam: Architecture, Decoration and Design, The Vendome Press, 2000.
· Holod, R. and Hassan-Uddin Khan. The Mosque and the Modern World, Thames and Hudson, 1997.
· Grabar, Oleg. The Meditation of Ornament, Princeton University Press, 1992.
· Grabar, Oleg and Said Nuseibeh. The Dome of the Rock, Thames and Hudson, 1996.
· Nasr, Seyyed Hossein. Islamic Art and Spirituality, State University of New York Press, 1987.
· Pacard, André (trans. Mary Guggenheim). Traditional Islamic Craft in Moroccan Architecture, 2 vols, edition Atelier 74, 1979.
· Mitchell, George (ed.). Architecture of the Islamic World, Thames and Hudson, 1995.
"The Infography about Islamic Art and Architecture"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA