Ancient Greek Pottery
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is pottery from Ancient Greece.
· J. Boardman, The History of Greek Vases (Thames and Hudson, 2001).
· R.M. Cook, Greek Painted Pottery, 3rd edition (Routledge, 1997).
· T. Rasmussen and N. Spivey (editors), Looking at Greek Vases (Cambridge University Press, 1991).
· T. Schreiber, Athenian Vase Construction (J. Paul Getty Museum, 1999).
· B.A. Sparkes, Greek Pottery: An Introduction (Manchester University Press, 1992).
· B.A. Sparkes, The Red and the Black: Studies in Greek Pottery (Routledge, 1996).
· D. Kurtz (editor), The Beazley Archive (University of Oxford). http://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/index.htm
· G. Crane (editor), The Perseus Digital Library (Tufts University). http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/
· T.H. Carpenter, Art and Myth in Ancient Greece (Thames and Hudson, 1991).
· H.A. Shapiro, Myth into Art. Poet and Painter in Classical Greece (Routledge, 1994).
· P.E. Arias, M. Hirmer, and B.B. Shefton, A History of 1000 Years of Greek Vase Painting (Abrams, 1963).
· M. Robertson, Greek Painting (Skira, 1959).
· J. Turner, Dictionary of Art (Grove, 1996). This 34-volume encyclopedia includes entries about individual painters and types of painted vases from Ancient Greece.
"The Infography about Ancient Greek Pottery"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA