Spinal Cord Injury
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is spinal cord injury.
· CanDo.com. http://www.cando.com/
· Paralyzed Veterans of America: Research and Education. http://www.pva.org/site/PageServer?pagename=research_main
· SCI Resource Center. http://www.spinalinjury.net/
· Spinal Cord Information Network. http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/
· Staas, W.E., Jr., C.S. Formal, A.M. Gershkoff, et al. 1993. Rehabilitation of the spinal cord-injured person. In Rehabilitation Medicine: Principles and Practice, edited by J.A. DeLisa, B.M. Gans, D.M. Currie, L.H. Gerber, J.A. Leonard, Jr., M.C. McPhee, and W.S. Pease, 898-99. J.B. Lippincott Company.
· Zejdlik, Cynthia. 1986. Management of Spinal Cord Injury. 2nd edition. Jones and Bartlett.
· Adler, C. 1996. Spinal cord injury. In Occupational Therapy Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, edited by L. Williams Pedretti, 765-84. C.B. Mosby Press.
· American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Nurses. http://www.aascin.org/
· American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Psychologists and Social Workers. http://www.aascipsw.org/
· American Paraplegia Association. http://www.apa.org/
· American Spinal Injury Association. 1996.International Standards for Neurological and Functional Classification of Spinal Cord Injury. Rev. ed. American Spinal Injury Association.
· Bracken, M.B., M.J. Shepard, T.R. Holford, et al. 1997. Administration of methylprednisolone for 24 or 48 hours or tirilazad mesylate for 48 hours in the treatment of acute spinal cord injury: Results of the Third National Acute Spinal Cord Injury Randomized Controlled Trial. JAMA 277: 1597-1604.
· Ducharme, S., K.M. Gill. 1996. Sexuality after SCI: Answers to Your Questions. Paul H. Brooks Publishing.
· Edwards, P. 2000. The Specialty Practice of Rehabilitation Nursing, 4th edition. Association of Rehabilitation Nurses.
· Hoeman, S. 1996. Rehabilitation Nursing: Process and Application, 2nd edition. Mosby.
· Kuric, J., A.K. Hixon. 1996. Clinical Practice Guideline: Autonomic Dysreflexia. Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association.
· Lanig, I.S., L.M. Chase, K.L. Lester, et al. 1996. A Practical Guide to Health Promotion after Spinal Cord Injury. Aspen Publishers.
· Miami Project to Cure Paralysis. http://www.miamiproject.miami.edu/
· National Spinal Cord Injury Association. http://users.erols.com/nscia/
· Reeve, C. 1999. Still Me. Ballentin Books.
· SCI Info Pages -- A Free Spinal Cord Injury Resource Site. http://www.sci-info-pages.com/
· Senelick, R.C., K. Dougherty. 1998. Spinal Cord Injury Handbook for Patients and Their Families. HealthSouth Corp.
· Vaugeois, A. 1986. Occupational therapy in the treatment of spinal cord injuries. In Management of Spinal Cord Injuries, edited by R.F. Bloch and M. Basbaum, 348-66. Williams and Wilkins.
· Whiteneck, G.G., J.A. DeLisa. 1995. Spinal Cord Injury: Clinical Outcomes from the Model Systems. Aspen Publishing.
"The Infography about Spinal Cord Injury"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA